There are MANY reasons why Macs aren't over priced, yet biassed PC users tend to say things all the time that aren't true about Macs. Here are some REAL reasons that Macs are not over priced, worth every penny and in almost every way is better than a PC.
1. You get better build quality, no matter what Mac you choose
2. Leopard itself is worth the money
3. The iLife software is proffesional. If you wanted to do any real work on a PC you wouldn't be able to without proffesional software that would cost a lot. iLife comes with every Mac and can turn any regular person into a pro. You can't make a video in Windows Movie Maker, it always comes out terrible. Its very easy to mange photos in iPhoto compared to other things.
4. Virus's!! You would have to pay around 50$ for decent anti-virus software on a PC, on a Mac you don't have to worry because its built on a solid UNIX foundation.
5. AppleCare comes with every new Apple product (Macs, iPods, Apple tv etc....) and is free for a year. You don't get free warranty with most PCs. While it may be 350$ (for a MacBook Pro), its worth every penny to know your safe.
6. Games? seriously? biassed PC users love to bring this into the argument. They say that Macs can't play games and that's a huge reason you should get a PC. First of all, you can't get a cheap 400-500$ PC and expect it to play games better than Macs. Especially now that they all have amazing graphics like the nVidia 9400+9600M graphics. They also say that barely any games are availible for Macs. While this may be true for games like half life and others, you can always download Windows via BootCamp. PC users don't know this exists, therefore they make fun of Macs.
7. Basically, a Mac is the only computer you need because it is the only one avalible that can download all 3 OS's and im sure Chrome will be availible eventually. While you may be able to download a fake version of Leopard onto a Vista machine, its not legal and it doesn't compare to the real thing of coarse.
All im saying is that biassed PC users NEVER put up a fair fight. I was a PC user my whole life until just a few weeks ago. While I didnlt own a Mac until recently I was certainly involved in the Apple comunity and tried to defend every fight, especially in comments on YouTube videos. As I said in a comment in JD Remmingtons post a few days ago...for over a year I was in the Apple comunity, subscribed to Dave, jon4lakers, DRBUK and others like that. Made a twitter to follow them and became a writer on the site. Im a very happy and proud Mac user and cannot see myself EVER switching back.
Check out my youtube channel- Youtube.com/user/starkid423
PS- My username is still "sallywantsamac" but technically I got one already, I wish I can make a new one but it doesn't matter. Also, sorry for the long post! Comment and let me know what you think and whether or not you agree or disagree with me on anything.